Why a Fox? Well, we were never even interested in the Dynamix. I don’t like when a car is trying to do “too much” and is changing on you as you drive it.. My Z06 had “Active Handling” and I turned ALL of that off anytime I drove it. If you’re a driver and you’re making a correction, then the car is correcting too you end up with a “double” correction. Well the same seems to be kind of the case with the Dynamix. I know a very, very skilled duner who had a Dynamix on an extended test in Glamis. He’s had a rail, sand jeeps, a million bikes/3-wheelers/quads and even a RZR for a few years so he’s not a n00b. He said he hated the Dynamix and rolled it the first day. So we landed on the Fox Edition, it helps that she really likes the Matte Red color (once we take the stickers off – all of the orange and stuff is in the stickers, it’ll just be Matte Red w/o them).
So, what’s the “build” plan?
- UTV Wiring Battery to Bus Bar Power Kit: http://www.utvwiring.com/2-seat-RZR-…ness_p_22.html
- Vent Racing Under Hood Fuse Box: https://www.ventracing.com/ProductDe…SE-12&CartID=1
- FourWerx Carbon Fiber Hood: https://www.fwcarbon.com/collections…r-scooped-hood
- FourWerx Carbon Fiber upper Ride Command dash: https://www.fwcarbon.com/collections…per-dash-panel
- UTV Giant Lower Door Inserts: https://www.utvgiant.com/20rz2090lod…444.1515697103
- UTV Giant Cooler/Tool Box Combo: https://www.utvgiant.com/xpbedstracob.html
- Dragon Fire Steering Wheel (Offset Closer to Driver): http://www.sidebysideutvparts.com/pr…th-offset.html
- Pro Armor Hub for Steering Wheel: http://www.sidebysideutvparts.com/pr…wheel-hub.html
- PRP “XC” Seats (custom spec’ed the color combo, added heaters – see pic below): https://www.prpseats.com/product/xc/#
- PRP Door Bags/Knee Pads (w/ red piping to match the seats): https://www.prpseats.com/product/xp-…-bag-knee-pad/
- Aftermarket Assassins Clutch Kit: https://aftermarketassassins.com/pro…oil-clutch-kit
- AA Secondary Snap-Ring Delete: https://aftermarketassassins.com/pro…ing-delete-kit
- AA Secondary Tool (I still have a XPT Primary Tool, I think): https://aftermarketassassins.com/pro…ression-tool-1
- Toys For Big Boys Cage (exactly the same as I had on the 1000 and Turbo – battle tested, lol)
- Evolution Power Sports Captains Choice Exhaust: https://evopowersports.com/product/c…ut-out-exhaust
- Evo Silicone Charge Tube (it’s included in the Captain’s Choice): https://evopowersports.com/product/s…tubes-xp-turbo
- Evo Tune (just a Stage II 91 Octane tune) with new ECU: https://evopowersports.com/product/2…bo-ecu-reflash
- Evo Intake Boot: https://evopowersports.com/product/r…ow-intake-boot
- Evo Vent to Atmosphere BOV: https://evopowersports.com/product/b…it-with-filter
- Rugged Radios RRP660 2-Person System with 60-Watt Car-2-Car: https://www.ruggedradios.com/index.p…oducts_id=2028
- Rugged Mount: https://www.ruggedradios.com/index.p…oducts_id=2284
- Rugged Bluetooth Conversion: https://www.ruggedradios.com/index.p…oducts_id=2240
- Rugged M3 “Big Boss” Fresh Air Pumper with Controller: https://www.ruggedradios.com/index.p…oducts_id=2193
- Polaris 7″ Ride Command Display/GPS: https://rzr.polaris.com/en-us/shop/a…ology/2882900/
- Ride Command Install Kit: https://rzr.polaris.com/en-us/shop/a…ories/2883114/
- 15″ Method 406 Beadlocks (from Fullerton Sand Sports): https://www.methodracewheels.com/pro…ck-matte-black
- Sand Tires Unlimited 1200 Desert Trak (from Fullerton Sand Sports, with the ribs cut down about halfway): 1200 Desert Trak Sand Tire
- STU 1300 Padla Trak (from Fullerton Sand Sports): 1300 Desert Trak Sand Tire
- One Stop Performance Tie-Down (I’ve used this one on all of my RZRs): http://www.ospracingparts.com/polari…nt-black-only/
- “Pawltector” Parking Brake: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RXUTV-Pawlt…pRsQc6&vxp=mtr
- UTV Inc Sway Bar Gusset Kit: https://www.utvinc.com/utv-inc-polar…ar-gusset-kit/
- UTV Inc Switches
- Ed “The Suspension Guy” Niemela full shock treatment (conversion to real cross-overs, 8 all-new Eibach springs, custom valving and schrader valve end-caps)
- Eibach Rear Sway Bar (front bar removed)
I got her all the Rugged stuff for her BDay back in Dec when Rugged had 30% off on the radio setup and 20% on the pumper, so that was a score! We got the Ride Command stuff through our buddy that works at the Polaris dealer, so we saved a bit vs. the online prices too.
For the tune I decided to go back to Evo. I had their tune originally on our 2016 XPT and it ran great with zero issues. When I started messing with changing my tune all the time and pushing bigger boost w/ race gas is when it started getting unreliable and throwing codes and crap. Granted, most of the issue was a boost leak and a bad spark plug, but still for Melissa’s car I’m going with proven and simple. I went for the option to include a whole extra ECU, so if it does act up we have the 100% untouched factory ECU ready to go in.
Here’s what the seat design looks like:
If you want to follow-along with all of the build, check it out the in-depth build thread.
We’ve already got a ton done, but still plenty more to do: